Irrigation Supervisor - Grande Junction Vineyard
- Permanent full time opportunity
- 45 minutes from Mildura
- Key role in vineyard operations
Australian Vintage Limited is a leading Australian publicly listed wine company which prides itself on producing outstanding and innovative wines that appeal to wine consumers around the world. Our award winning brands include McGuigan, Tempus Two, Nepenthe and Miranda.
We currently have an outstanding full time opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Irrigation Supervisor at our Grande Junction Vineyard, approximately 45 minutes' drive from Mildura.
Reporting to the Vineyard Manager, the successful applicant will play a pivotal role in all aspects of vineyard operations. Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Operation and routine maintenance of irrigation and fertigation systems;
- Collection and reporting of data relating to soil moisture, water and stock usage;
- In conjunction with the Vineyard Manager and technical staff, accurate interpretation of data to determine irrigation schedule;
- Assistance in developing labour and materials budget;
- Support and maintain compliance with the Company's WHS Policies and Procedures.
To succeed in this role you will have demonstrable technical knowledge of viticulture, including crop and water use and plant physiology, as well as good communication and problem solving skills, and the ability to lead a team.
To apply please visit our careers website: http://careers.australianvintage.com.au
Applications close COB Friday 14 July 2017